Intro to Linux Shell Scripting (Free course)
Get up to speed with Linux shell scripting quickly
Created by Jason Cannon - Professional system administrator, consultant, and author.
Students: 89311, Price: Free
In this mini-course, you'll learn the essentials of writing your own Linux shell scripts, including:
- How to avoid the most common mistakes made by inexperienced shell scripters.
- Understanding and using best practices and standard conventions. (If you don't follow these guidelines you'll look like a rank amateur.)
- A simple technique that can make amazingly complex scripts easy to write.
I've used shell scripts to save myself countless hours of tedious work. More importantly, having the ability to write shell scripts has helped me enormously in my career.
Not only did I get to take on some very interesting projects because I had the ability to shell script, I was also able to jump right to the front of the line when it came time for promotions.
I want that same thing for you, too!
Even if you're not interested in furthering your career, you can write shell scripts that organize your vacation photos, track your stock portfolio, and more...
I can't wait to see what shell scripts you create!
Linux Fundamentals for IT Professionals
Linux Commands for day to day usage and basics of Shell Scripting with Case Studies.
Created by Durga Viswanatha Raju Gadiraju - Technology Adviser and Evangelist
Students: 54266, Price: Free
We are glad to announce a course on Linux Fundamentals which every Software Professional should be aware of. Before getting into details, we are not experts in Linux and we are only trying to share our experience of using handful of Linux commands and ability to write simple shell scripts for most common use cases.
If you fall in any of the below categories, then this course is for you
Computer Science or Information Technology Student
Production Support or Operations
Software Engineer/Application Developer
Data Engineer or Big Data Engineer
Any other role except for Systems Administrator
If you are Systems Administrator with extensive experience in managing Linux based systems, then this course might not be for you.
It might not make much of difference to your career immediately, but the course will make you
comfortable while working on day to day tasks
automate the daily mundane tasks
hack to get the information from files for debugging the issues
At the end of the course your productivity or learning ability will improve for sure.
We will understand basic concepts, most common commands, basic shell scripting, automating simple use cases, virtualization and more.
Here are the details
Overview of Hardware, Operating Systems and launching AWS EC2 instances
Connecting to servers – detailed session on SSH, users and groups, profile, telnet, ping and firewalls/security groups
Manipulating Files and Managing Directories including basic file permissions and ACLs
Important commands – getting help, list files, search/find for files, copying files between the servers
Manipulating data – Piping output to commands, searching/filtering, transforming, sorting, getting unique values
System commands – Operating System, details about CPU, storage as well as memory, get process details and understand standard directories
Regular Expressions, overview of vi or vim editor
Basics of shell scripting – Scripting tools and developing one liners
Basics of shell scripting – Develop shell script to issue commands on multiple nodes and save output to file
Basics of shell scripting – Develop shell script to validate all the tables passed in a file
Setting up Virtual environment (using Virtualbox and Vagrant)
Understanding AWS in detail
Unix, Linux training for beginners
Linux commands, vi editor,ftp commands, shell script, stop, shutdown web, app servers for software QA Testing training
Created by H2K Infosys - Engineer at H2K Infosys
Students: 21297, Price: Free
Learn and practice UNIX / Linux
Beginners course on UNIX / Linux training for SOFTWARE QA TESTERS, developers , programmers by industry experts and thousands of 5 star reviews written in Facebook, google pus, kudzu etc.
This course is designed for Software QA Testers to execute common commands like ps, grep, find, and how to start and shutdown web servers and app servers. How to use VI editor and ftp commands. Brief idea about shell script, how to write if condition and for loop. How to execute shell script and more.
As a Software QA Tester if you find a defect, don't go to developer without detail information about the issue or do not create defect / bug without detailed information. Software QA Testers need to do root cause analysis to find the error messages from UNIX / Linux server where the application is running.
Please check the log files, do some root cause analysis before you create a defect or before you talk to developer.
As a QA Tester you need to learn how to check the log files, restart app and web servers etc.
At least understand basics of shell script if you need to modify the existing script, you need to have basic idea. Software QA Tester need to know vi editor to create or modify files.
This Linux / Unix course will help the student to learn all these.
***** Trusted reviews from Facebook, google plus written by thousands students with 5 star reviews *****
facebook dot com/pg/H2KInfosysLLC/reviews/
Hi... i just wanna let u know Ritu is a good and excellent trainer for QA . She is a very knowledgeable person , she has her own way of dealing with student doubts and resolves it in a way so clear and help us out with any issue regarding the topic. Hope the same continues till the end . - From Ravi K
I took training for selenium from Sudheer. He is really nice instructor he always try to help students to get into the topic. He have really good knowledge of selenium. I strongly recommend to join testing related courses from H2K.. from - Disha Patel
H2K is the best place to learn for Software and technical courses. All the members are very helpful. All instructors and Technical staff is full of knowledge. Kiran is the technical instructor, he is very helpful. I will give 5 stars out of 5 to his services. - Thanks Vandana Shobran
Priya is a wonderful trainer, she really knows the subject well, and also helping us. Her teaching has helped me a lot to learn the subject, also she makes the class very interactive. She would always reply to all the questions. I really like the way she teaches!!! - Thank you sreekanth reddy
UNIX / Linux Training for Software QA Tester is Most Practical, simple and Inexpensive Course.
It is included most of the information to handle UNIX / Linux as QA / Quality assurance Software Tester.
This software testing QA training ( Linux / UNIX training for Software QA Testers course is designed by working professionals to train the student from the basics of Linux / Unix to check the log files, how to start and shutdown the server, how to find the files, search files using grep command , vi editor , file permissions and how to execute shell script etc.
- Syllabus: unique list of topics that will help student to handle UNIX / Linux as a Software QA tester.
- Practice sessions: We guided how to access linux server so that student can practice. If the student enroll live online training classes with H2K Infosys, we can give real time server to work on Linux, Unix to practice all the commands discussed in this video course.
- Video sessions are life time access.
- Practical learning experience
- HD Video content
- Quality voice
- Enroll instructor led live online / onsite IT training courses on Selenium WebDriver training, Java training, AngularJS training, .net training, big data , hadoop training from experienced professionals from H2K Infosys.
- End of the course student will get “Course completion Certificate” if the student enroll for instructor led live online training classes.
Who is the target audience for this course?
- UNIX / Linux Operating system is most used platform to run Web servers, app servers and databases. so if you are Quality assurance QA Software Tester / test analyst, Junior Developer, Test Consultants, Designer,Test Leads, Test Managers, QA leads and Managers, Business Analysts, QA Engineers, Fresh Graduates, Students who are interested to know about Linux . UNIX operating system can enroll into this course.
- If you are an experienced Software QA tester, but you don't know how to handle UNIX / Linux then enroll into this course.
Learn UNIX Bash scripting or shell scripting from scratch using simple examples
Created by Jayant Parida - Software Engineer and Technolgy Enthusiast
Students: 9841, Price: Free
Why this course? The most basic and must language for any software engineer, be it developer or tester or system administrators is shell scripting. Why learn bash scripting?
1. This course is a compact version of shell scripting with all the details to start.
2. It talks less theory and more action.
3. Simple explanations are given for different constructs in scripting.
4. The lectures are created in step by step fashion and in short format.
5. With small examples of different utilities as well as some advance topics how you can use shell scripting in professional way.
6. All the scripts are available on GitHub.
7. This course is also compiled, keeping in mind that any naive user who are eager to learn shell scripting.
Bash Shell and Scripting Fundamentals
A beginners course to BASH Shell and Scripting fundamentals.
Created by Sujata Biswas - Engineer, Trainer and a Writer
Students: 1793, Price: Free
This is a course that is meant to every Linux enthusiast who is interested to learn about the intricacies of the Bash shell and scripting. Much effort has been put to make the course short without impacting the quality of learning. Please follow the attached book along with the Video courses to get the maximum benefit and quick knowledge.