Learn how to become a great DJ and be the life of the party!
Being a DJ is more than pressing buttons. We will teach you the skills of DJing and how to become a great party host!
Created by David Truong - DJ of 7+ years
Students: 20478, Price: Free
If you like this course, please consider donating some bitcoins: 1Cw1eVv6sH9xAVSXeLg1ybNA2Nq5caFxDw
Ever wanted to be a DJ but thought it looked too complicated? Are you a self taught DJ but would like to improve your DJing skills?
Then this course is made for you! We'll cover all aspects of DJing, from the basics of setting up, which cables to use, and how to troubleshoot your gear, to basic mixing, beat matching, and more advanced techniques like telegraphing.
There's nearly 2 hours of comprehensive video content.
How to DJ with the Pioneer DDJ-SB2
From complete beginner to playing awesome DJ sets on the Pioneer DDJ-SB2 using beatmixing, cues, loops, samples & more
Created by Joey Santos - DJ Trainer
Students: 11171, Price: Free
From complete beginner to playing on your Pioneer DDJ-SB2 using beatmixing, cues, loops, samples & more...
You're here because you've got (or are thinking of buying) one of the most popular DJ controllers, the Pioneer DDJ-SB2, and want to know how to play awesome DJ sets on it.
I'm here because I make DJ and DJ/producer courses for Digital DJ Tips, the online DJ school of choice for over 18,000 students in 105 countries.
Welcome To How To DJ With The Pioneer DDJ-SB2...
Here at Digital DJ Tips, we train DJs and DJ/producers from beginner right up to fully pro. Scratch DJs, mobile/wedding DJs, club DJs and music producers have all turned their dreams into full-time careers by following our full curriculum.
But we also know that many DJs give up in their first six weeks!
They find taking those first steps in digital DJing just too hard... and so their new gear ends up gathering dust under the stairs. Even if they persevere, it can take them months to nail the basics.
That's why we've created our "How To DJ With..." series.
Featuring the same world-class instructors who teach our pro curriculum, these concise and practical courses take you from complete beginner (yes, we mean complete beginner) to being a DJ!
You'll master the gear, the music, the skills and the features so that you too can pull tricks that will amaze your friends and family, and help you to pack dancefloors right from the very start.
What makes this course so different? Apart from being absolutely FREE!
- It doesn't throw jargon and features at you with no explanation of what or why.
- It doesn't lose sight of the fact that you want to know the important stuff so you can actually play the music you love to other people, fast!
- And crucially, it doesn't forget what it's like to be a beginner.
- Get started today and join the thousands of happy students of Digital DJ Tips - and who knows, it could be your first step to a changed career, fulfilling a lifelong dream...
So what does this course cover?
- You'll learn how to set up your new controller and the software you need to get started
- We'll teach you how to source, organise and prepare your music, including how to incorporate iTunes into your hardware and software set-up
- You'll get the lowdown on how to mix, including auto beatmixing and counting beats, for amazing transitions
- And finally, we'll show you how to use hot cues, loops, and samples, and even how to manually beatmix, so you can play just like pro DJs.
But that's not all! You'll also get:
...12 hours of live classroom training via our Digital DJ Tips StudentLive monthly webinars, where you get to ask questions and get instant help with your DJing
...PLUS a free download of "Rock The Dancefloor!", our best-selling Amazon book on DJing, which has five star reviews
So what are you waiting for? Sign up today and start your DJ journey with your Pioneer DDJ-SB2
Over 23 videos and five modules you'll learn:
- How to download and install your software
- How to connect your controllers, headphones and speakers
- How the DJ controller mirrors what you see on your screen
- How the browser works for organising your music
- How iTunes integrates with your DJ software
- The benefits of using playlists to organise your tunes
- The best places online to get tracks from
- Using the headphones and crossfader to prepare and execute your first mix
- Using "sync" to get your mix right every time
- The secret of counting beats for tighter, more pro mixes
- How to mix from outro to intro to keep your transitions smooth
- Using hot cues to jump to parts of tracks
- Why looping is your best friend
- Using the pitch faders to match tempos
- Lining up waveforms to match beats
- Adding effects and drum sounds to the sampler
- What else will you get?
- A friendly, informal community to support you every step of the way
- Personal contact with me, the course tutor
- Lifetime access to course materials
- Hands-on learning to lock that knowledge in
Never waste another minute learning from out-of-date books, or yawn-some, poor quality YouTube videos again!
With How To DJ With Your Pioneer DDJ-SB2, everything’s ready to go, in one convenient, mapped-out course.
Plus you’ll get fast, friendly, responsive support by email, Twitter and on the Udemy forums. Or enjoy chatting with our 850,000-strong community on our website and social channels.
DJ Techniques With Ableton Live: Introductory Class
Learn to DJ with Ableton Live, J. Anthony Allen, and world renowned DJ James Patrick in this one-of-a-kind class!
Created by Jason Allen - Ph.D / Ableton Certified Trainer
Students: 6003, Price: Free
** UDEMY BEST SELLING INSTRUCTOR **
100% Answer Rate! Every single question posted to this class is answered within 24 hours by the instructor.
This is an introductory class that leads to the complete DJ Techniques With Ableton Live: The Clear and Simple Guide.
Welcome to the COMPLETE DJ Techniques Guide!
This is a class designed for the average person who is ready to dive into making music LIVE! Whether you are a beginning musician, an active musician, or an aspiring musician - this class is perfect for you!
For years I've been teaching Ableton Live in the college classroom. As a University Professor, my classes are sought after, and, frankly, expensive. I believe Ableton Live can be learned by anyone, and cost shouldn't be a barrier. This class uses the same outline and syllabus I've used in my college classes for years, at a fraction of the cost.
In this class, we are going to focus on using Ableton Live for DJing and Performing. I'm assuming that you already know your way around Ableton Live pretty well, and now you want to take your techniques to the stage. In this class, I'll walk you through all the basics of using controllers, Audio Effect Racks, and some other tricks.
Also in the class, I have a really special surprise. I've invited my friend James Patrick to show some of his techniques as well. James is a DJ that has toured the world and is known internationally for his engaging performances. He is going to be IN this class and has contributed several exclusive videos for this class.
Audio Effect Racks
Using Effect Rack Presets
Building our own Effect Racks
Fade To Grey
Controllers and Controllerism
The Ableton Push Interface
The APC40 Interface
Launching Clips in Performance
Effects Setup for Performance
Mapping Controllers for Performance
... And much more!!!
Dr. Allen is a professional musician, top-rated Udemy instructor, and university professor. In 2017 the Star Tribune featured him as a "Mover and a Shaker," and he is recognized by the Grammy Foundation for his music education classes.
Throughout this class, If you get stuck, you can review the videos or post a question, and I'll back to it as fast as possible.
And of course, once you sign up for this course you automatically get huge discounts to all the upcoming parts of this class.
You will not have another opportunity to learn DJ Techniques in a more comprehensive way than this.
All the tools you need to successfully learn DJ Techniques are included in this course and the entire course is based on real-life experiences - not just academic theory.
Please click the "Take This Course" button so you can launch your music career today.
** I guarantee that this course is the most thorough DJ Techniques course available ANYWHERE on the market - or your money back (30-day money-back guarantee) **
Closed captions have been added to all lessons in this course.
Praise for Courses by Jason Allen:
⇢ "It seems like every little detail is being covered in an extremely simple fashion. The learning process becomes relaxed and allows complex concepts to get absorbed easily. My only regret is not taking this course earlier." - M. Shah
⇢ "Great for everyone without any knowledge so far. I bought all three parts... It's the best investment in leveling up my skills so far.." - Z. Palce
⇢ "Excellent explanations! No more or less than what is needed." - A. Tóth
⇢ "VERY COOL. I've waited for years to see a good video course, now I don't have to wait anymore. Thank You!" - Jeffrey Koury
⇢ "I am learning LOTS! And I really like having the worksheets!" - A. Deichsel
⇢ "The basics explained very clearly - loads of really useful tips!" - J. Pook
⇢ "Jason is really quick and great with questions, always a great resource for an online class!" M. Smith
Students who register for this course will receive ongoing exclusive content and discounts to all future classes in the series.
How you can be a good DJ with MonsterGODJ
Learn DJing with Monstergodj
Created by Monster Godj - DJ
Students: 4292, Price: Free
"Monster GoDJ Advanced Tutorial" is 10 video lecture series that is instructed by Pinnacle TheHustler. In this tutorial, Pinnacle goes further in depth regarding how to use the Monster GoDJ with more advanced techniques such as counting time signatures, advanced mixing, scratching and transitional techniques. Also you could learn general how to be a better DJ such as cutting, fading, EQ mixing, back spin etc.. For this course, listeners will need a Monster GoDJ and/or speakers or headphones. Enjoy this 'How you can be a good DJ with MonsterGODJ' tutorial series! At the end of this course you will realize that you already be a good DJ!
Top Interactive Wedding DJ & MC Tips
Learn how to separate yourself from all the other DJ's and MC's.
Created by Dominick Pirone - Enlighten. Empower. Entertain.
Students: 3930, Price: Free
In this course, you'll learn how to stand out from other DJs/MCs, interact with any crowd, get the party started no-fail, explode your word-of-mouth business and have a ton of fun as a Wedding DJ.
All without being tacky, corny and all-around lame.
Students will learn:
• How to establish yourself as a true professional from the get-go and some common errors to avoid.
• What you can do during cocktail hour to get to know your guests better and start loosening them up to have a great time.
• The ingredients of a very warm, welcoming and fun Bridal Party announcement that sets the pace of the rest of your evening.
• What you need to do with the Bridal Party to get them ready to rock out with you on the dance floor later.
• Some of the best icebreakers you can use to get the party started, without being corny or over-the-top.
• Why you should dance with guests and how to do this to make your guests feel incredibly comfortable with getting on the dance floor.
• The Anniversary/Marriage Countdown Dance and how to utilize this icebreaker to get all generations involved.
• The Dance Circle icebreaker along with how to organize it, announce it and get it crackin'.
• The power of vocal encouragements on the mic and the effect they can have on the energy of your audience and dancing.
• Why you should be selective with your weddings to keep things fun for yourself as a Wedding DJ and MC.
Beginner DJ for Pioneer XDJ-RX, XDJ-RX2, XDJ-RR
Learn the basics of your Pioneer gear and get familiar with it!
Created by Gustav . - DJ & YouTuber
Students: 2909, Price: Free
The course is divided into two parts.
The first one explains some basic mixing techniques and many basic functionalities of the Pioneer XDJ-RX, XDJ-RX2, XDJ-RR model.
A showcase of what you can learn further in my next course!
In any case, the course is so structured that you can learn everything you need to know about the gear + more.
But if you want to go deeper and learn many advanced mixing techniques and many others tips and tricks, the Advanced DJ Course is what you need to take your DJ skill to the next level.
CHECK OUT MY ADVANCED COURSE FOR MORE ADVANCED TECHNIQUES, INSPIRED BY MARTIN GARRIX, HARDWELL & MORE!
Check out a demo mix here: youtube dot com /watch?v=S9Lruwv3LtM
What will you learn?
Together, we will understand:
Introduction to your gear (Pioneer XDJ-RX, XDJ-RX2, XDJ-RR)
Headphones and their function
Features of the "Deck"
Features of the "Mixer"
EQ & what does it mean
Color FX & what they're used for
Beat FX & what they're used for
Cues & Hot Cues
Basics of Sync
BONUS VIDEO (Advanced Course Tutorial)
SPECIAL OFFER (For the SERIOUS DJ's)
I go by the name of "Gustav". I run a successful YouTube channel on DJing tutorials and everything in the EDM world! I have played at many clubs and festivals and have gotten the privilege to be mentored and taken on tour by many big name DJ's in the industry that have shared their expertise and knowledge in DJing and in the music industry! I teach all that in the second part of the course and on my channel! Just type in "Gustav" on YouTube and I should pop up!!! :)
Thanks to the big text annotations and big zooms, you can also follow the course even from a mobile device with small display, like your phone or tablet, wherever you are!
This course has an overhead view, making sure you are just paying attention to whats happening on the mixer! No need for seeing anybody explain anything to you, this is all focused on the gear!
THIS COURSE IS ENTIRELY ~ F R E E ~ AND GIVES YOU LIFETIME ACCESS SO YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE!!!
***Because you took this step in enrolling in the course, I give you an incredible offer at the end for the next part of the course where I give you advanced mixing techniques, cool transition ideas and so much more! ***
High Performance Intro – DJ Course
The Home Quadrant
Created by Mariano Noguera - DJ & Entrepreneur
Students: 2117, Price: Free
In this First Section of the High Performance Intro DJ Course, the students will be able to recognize different possible paths or options, for their journey on becoming DJs.
They will be able to identify, the key differences between a DJ as an employee, a self-employed DJ, a business owner and a DJ as an investor.
Included in this short Course, students will be able to access, to a few extra bonus videos with information about mixers, turntables and CD players that belong to the Full Course. (Main focus of the Full Course is DJ Controller)