Cinematography Course: Shoot Better Video with Any Camera
Shoot better video by learning the video production techniques used by Hollywood filmmakers. And get paid to do it!
Created by Phil Ebiner - Top-Rated Instructor, 2 Million+ Students
Students: 95568, Price: $124.99
Students: 95568, Price: Paid
You want to get better at shooting video, right?
This online Cinematography Course will teach you how to shoot beautiful videos with any camera.
This course is designed to teach you the ins and outs of professional cinematography - the art of making motion pictures. While there are plenty of video courses, it's hard to find a comprehensive course that teaches you everything you'd want to know about shooting video.
This is the course for you, taught by a professional Hollywood cinematographer.
- Learn the basics of getting great shots with any camera
- Use the manual settings on your camera to expose your shot properly
- Learn how to use camera movement to get more impressive shots
- Light your video sets with traditional filmmaking techniques and lighting setups
- Become a professional director of photography (cinematographer) with tips on how to find work in the video/film industry
- Make money shooting videos
Improve Your Video Creation with This Complete Course
What makes us qualified to teach you?
We are Will and Phil, professional cinematographers and video creators. Plus, we're the creator of some of the world's most popular video production courses - with over 150,000 students and thousands of 5-star reviews like these ones from this course:
Everything they are talking about is very clear and easy to understand. The instructors do make anything boring and have really good facts. To me everything about this course was just put together correctly. I would definitely recommend this course to others! - John Tyler Hardin
Great fundamentals, straight forward, professional - Steven Farmer
Excellent course because instructor is very knowledgeable and he explained everything in a very clear English. - Pawan Babbar
Regardless of the type of camera you are using - DSLR, Professional Cinema Camera, GoPro, iPhone, or Film - you can shoot beautiful video. Learn professional techniques that Hollywood filmmakers are using to capture powerful images.
If you want to learn how to shoot great videos and making money doing what you love, this is the course for you.
Our Promise to You
We'll be here for you every step of the way. If you have any questions about the course content or anything related to this topic, you can always post a question in the course or send me a direct message.
We want to make this the best course on how to shoot better video. So if there is any way we can improve this course, just tell me and we'll make it happen.
Dive Right In
This course dives right into shooting better video with 5 tips for better cinematography. You'll learn the basics of cinematography including choosing the right camera, ISO, frame rate, shutter speed, f-stop/aperture, and lens options.
Learn how to expose your videos properly, including learning the different styles of exposure styles of commercial, TV, and narrative filmmaking.
Learn how camera movement with tripods, handheld, dollys, steadicam systems, and drones can help you take beautiful shots.
Learn how to light your video shots with different styles and lighting kits.
Learn how to work with the producer, director, camera team, grip and electric team, and other departments on a film set.
Learn how to find work as a cinematographer / videographer. Learn how to network, negotiate a good rate, and get jobs.
Start shooting better videos today!
With our 30-day 100% money back guarantee, there is nothing holding you back from jumping in right now and trying the course out.
Go ahead and click the enroll button, and I'll see you in lesson 1!
Phil & Will
360 Video Creation Fundamentals
Learn the foundations of creating professional 360º and cinematic VR video
Created by Josh Gibson - 360° Video & Immersive Media Creator
Students: 12862, Price: Free
Students: 12862, Price: Free
Hello and welcome to this course! I'm Josh, and I love immersive media.
Full disclosure: This course hasn't been updated for a while and contains some outdated information. It's been free for a while now, but I wanted to update the course description as well so everyone could understand the context of them going through these videos.
I created this course back in 2016, so it's not ancient or anything, but it definitely doesn't include the latest tools, techniques, and tricks that have evolved since then (which is a lot.)
There are still approaches and philosophies that I think are still applicable and valuable and I'll try to remove videos that contain zero useful information, but just keep all that in mind while you watch.
I'm still working in the Cinematic VR industry, but have shifted my focus from teaching over a little more to making. So, as always, feel free to leave questions and I'll be happy to answer them.
I'll leave this course up on Udemy, but will probably be more active on the 360º Video Academy YouTube channel so feel free to come find me there as well.
Cinematography Masterclass: The Complete Videography Guide
9 Steps to Setup, Light, Record Audio & Shoot Your Videos Like a Filmmaking Pro
Created by Julian Melanson - Film Director & Teacher
Students: 3953, Price: $109.99
Students: 3953, Price: Paid
Do you want your videos to be better looking, sounding, creative, shareable, engaging, and impressive to watch?
Are you wanting to get the most out of shooting on your smartphone, DSLR, or mirrorless camera?
Perfect! You've made it to the right video production course!
By the end of this course, you'll have the skillset and film school level understanding of:
1. First Hand Film Set Experience
To begin, you'll join me on the set of a high end client shoot to see a behind the scenes look at how the video production process really works. These lessons are packed with key filmmaking fundamentals and concepts for the rest of the course material to build on top of.
• Set up and choose the best way to shoot your specific video
• Main steps to film a cooler looking and cinematic project
• Cinematography and composition fundamentals
• Techniques to maximize your location and time while shooting
• Creatively use your lenses, surrounding, and camera
2. Get the Most Out of Your Camera Settings
Getting great looking shots first starts with getting your camera set up properly. Here, you'll get crystal clear on how to set your camera's functions, settings, and parameters. These foundational learning lessons will give you the confidence to get out and start shooting.
• Learn how to effectively use all of the functions and settings on your camera
• Get the perfect exposure with ISO, shutter speed, and aperture
• Create a great looking image with white balance and frame rate
• Use picture profile and focal length for your specific shooting style
• Utilize your camera's latitude and dynamic range
3. Light and Shoot Your Scenes Like a Pro
Now that you have a rock solid understanding of your camera, here's where we'll use lighting and video production techniques to make your videos shine. These hands-on lessons will give you the tools to create stunning looking images using natural or artificial lighting.
• Use colored gels, practicals, exposure contrast, your outfit and location choice like a pro
• Make yourself look great on-camera with the right lens choice and proper lighting
• Learn the most essential framing, cinematography, and composition techniques
• Get that "cinematic filmmaking look" for your own personal video setup
• 2 point, 3 point, rim light, natural light, high key and low key lighting
4. Record Crystal Clear Sounding Audio
You've worked alongside me to massively upgrade and improve all things visual, now it's time to talk audio. In this section, we dive into different microphone types, recording environments, audio hacks, and getting the absolute best sounding audio quality possible.
• Set your shoot up for crystal clear sounding audio and great sound dynamics
• Learn how top filmmakers get rid of echoes, buzzing, distortions, pops, and hums
• DIY set up to get great sounding vocals for your videos or podcasts at home
• Top audio recording techniques for video creators and filmmakers
• Audio hacks and which mics to use for different filming situations
5. Create Next Level Vids with B-roll and Cutaway Shots
In this step, you're going to walk away with advanced techniques that experienced video creators use to create exciting and engaging videos. This process will allow you to utilize more advanced film techniques in a way that is fun and easy to use regardless of skill level.
• Film a more professional looking video using shot types different cinematography techniques
• Effectively use coverage to set yourself up for success in the editing process
• Get a filmmaker understanding of the purpose and use of each shot type
• Create a more dynamic final product with framing and multiple angles
• How to use the 180 degree rule, rule of thirds, and frame balancing
6. Get That Cinematic Look with Camera Movement
This is one of my favorite parts of the course, creating cinematic shots with camera movement! There's a reason why it's called "motion picture." Here we take a deep dive into how, when, and why to use different movements to create cinematic looking videos.
• Learn the ideal focal length, movement, frame rate, and composition choices for your project
• Get incredible looking and feeling shots using top video production techniques
• Use the same types of camera movement that you see in feature films
• Learn how movement direction, quality, and speed effect your audience
• Bring an overall filmmaking look and style to your videos
7. Make Your Shot List and Film Your Epic Montage
Once you learn these shot list techniques, you won't go back to shooting important projects without one (trust me)! In this hands-on section, you're going to envision, outline, and shoot the type of montage that turns an ordinary project into an extraordinary project.
• Synthesize all the video production techniques learned into your final course video project
• Step by step guide to knocking out your list of specific shots in the best way possible
• In-camera transitions, filmmaking tricks, and how to make an impactful ending shot
• Essentials to create an organized and practical shot list for all future projects
• Cinematography tips and tricks to make your videos stand out
8. Expert Guest Speakers and Video Production Keys to Success
Here you sit down with me and 3 expert guest speakers that have spent years working as successful full-time filmmakers. These lessons will give you the insights, actionable takeaways, and inspiration that will add some extra creative fuel to the skills you've gained in this course!
• Bonus tools and ways to continue getting better shots after graduating this course
• Top pro's and con's of today's most frequently used camera equipment
• Lens choice, equipment, and tips for properly choosing your video gear
• How to continue to make the most out of your skillset and equipment
• Motivation, progress, growth, and success as a video creator
9. Course Bonuses and Progressing Beyond this Course
You've made it! We worked together to build your skillset through each section and then in the last step, we combined the whole process into your very own crystal clear looking and sounding final product. Now it's time for you to go out their and continue to create videos you love!
• Synthesize, recap, and review all of the lessons learned in the course
• Integrate the tools and know how to continue to improve and grow
• Accept my course challenge to start your new series or project
• Special student bonuses for completing the course
• And much more
My biggest goal for you:
The goal of this course is to give you all the knowledge and techniques that I've gained from 10+ years in the film industry (working with clients like Red Bull, Taco Bell, and Discovery Channel) in a way that is fun to learn and easy to understand.
Shooting better videos no matter what:
Whether you're shooting Instagram videos, YouTube videos, short films, music videos, documentaries, videos for professional clients, personal projects, on a smartphone or camera... The actionable takeaways from this course will benefit you regardless of your equipment or budget.
You'll have lifetime access to:
• 85 Individual video lessons
• 6 Hours of learning content
• 8 Downloadable resources
• 6 Detailed case studies
• 4 Bonus video lectures
• 3 Course Articles
• 12 Hands-on lessons
• 10 Interactive exercises
• 3 Expert guest speakers
• 40 Gigabytes of streamable content
• Updates to all future course materials
• One on one with me in the Q&A section
If you want to learn the tools to shoot videos that you're proud of, this is the course for you.
I'll see you inside!
Cinematography in 100 Minutes
Learn Cinematography fast and easy
Created by Mitchell Bouchard - B.S, Host @RedCapeLearning 415,000 + Students
Students: 2106, Price: Free
Students: 2106, Price: Free
Do you want to learn Cinematography?
Do you want to make creative videos?
You will master all of the following techniques:
Creating Shallow Depth of Field
Filming in Low Light
and so much more
You will receive a film school education for a fraction of the cost.
Lead instructor Mitchell Bouchard has created a practical Cinematography course.
You will get instant access to:
1+ hours of video lessons
Practice files for Color Grading
Premium support from instructors who care
Lifetime updates to course materials
Our goal for you:
The goal of this course is to add value to all potential filmmakers across the globe - whether you're a complete beginner or someone with a basic understanding of cinematography.
Make professional videos on any budget
No matter how fancy your camera is or what kind of gear you use, you can make great videos. By learning the principles of a good video (storytelling, shot composition, lighting, and editing) you will be making more engaging and higher quality videos, even with a smartphone.
If you want to make better videos, this is the course for you.
There is no reason to hesitate. Enroll now, see if you enjoy the course, and start making better videos today!